Username Password: Remember me

Mushroom collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Reply Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mushroom collection

Mushroom collection 2 years, 2 months ago #1124

Hello all.
My first post here, to go with my first steps in the world of mycology.
I was walking in the forest yesterday with my daughter, we were collecting end of season insects, for i am at first an entomologist.
Anyway, at some point i stumbled upon a bunh uf mushroom that looked somewhat eaten. Seeing my lick of finding little beasties, i picked them and started checkibg them fon any insects infestation.
Two small coleoptera later, i tossed the fungi to the ground, having done what i was there for.
But that was without counting with my 3 years old who instantly took quite an interest in those mushrooms. I let her pick them up an examine them. It was not 5 minutes latter that she was literrally running around finding all kind of little mushroom.
Another 5 minute later, my own scientific mind was all worked up, the insects nets left behind and we were both picking up mushroom, comparing them and trying to find the leading trend in the relationship between the different species.

So here i am... I was wondering if there was any technique to preserve whole specimen to create a reference collection, like we do with insects? Or like an herbalist collection or something?
We are not for the moment interested in the culinary side, not that much anyway, just want to understand a little better another of this world living thing.
Reply Quote
Reply Topic
  • Page: