Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Need a pic
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Reply Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need a pic

Need a pic 5 years, 8 months ago #861

Hi all, I just stumbled upon the site today, and am quite glad for it. I have resently learned of a happy mushroom that grows wild in my area, but unfortunatly I can not find a picture or a description of it , which makes finding it extremely difficult. What i'm looking for is Gymnopilus viridans, a cousin of the Big Laughing Gym. If there's anyone out there that has a pic, or knows what I should be looking for please leave a thread. Thanks for your help.
Peace, love, laughter
Captain happy 8) 8)
Don't vote Don't drive Don't let our planet be destroyed
Reply Quote

Re: Need a pic 5 years, 8 months ago #865

• c
  • Gold Boarder
I am not really aware of any pics of that species. Keep in mind that most of the gymnopilus species are undocumented and not well studied as far as edibility goes.
There are many species in the genus and a limited amout readily available information about them. In order to get an accurate ID on most species of gymnopilus, a microscope and a good complete key to species is usually required.
Reply Quote

Re: Need a pic 5 years, 8 months ago #867

Yeah that's what I figured. I know that there's little info out there regarding gyms, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. thanks for responding.
peace, love, laughter
Captain Happy
Don't vote Don't drive Don't let our planet be destroyed
Reply Quote

Re: Need a pic 5 years, 8 months ago #869

• c
  • Gold Boarder
If you are really serious about the gymnopilus genus, I would suggest looking for a copy of "North American Species of Gymnopilus" by L R Hessler.

It is a hard to find book, I have looked on amazon and found a listing, placed the order but they had to cancel it because they couldnt find a copy to send me.

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0...v=glance

Good luck finding a copy, if you do let me know because i need one too!
Reply Quote
Reply Topic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds