(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Reply Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flow hood info

Flow hood info 5 years, 11 months ago #694

• Funguy
  • Expert Boarder
Hi folks,
I figured I would pass on some info .I have been building my flow hood .I did alot of looking for hepa filters .I went to fungi perfecti and every where else that my search engine would take me and this was the most reasonable site I came upon.filtera.com. I talked to this guy named Frank (good dude) .He will jump way high to please his customers and his prices are 1/2 of fungi perfecti's for the same filter. My fan came from a mobile home furnace.(free) I feel like I am screeming as loud as I can that I am a cheap bastard . Which really is not the case . I am a poor one.
any who . If you talk to frank tell him you want the discount that the guy from falwell land said they were intitled to.

Peace
I would rather have a bottle in front of me,
Than a frontal lobodomy
Reply Quote

Re: Flow hood info 5 years, 11 months ago #696

• c
  • Gold Boarder
I thought about getting one of those just to clean the air up in my room a bit. Aside from growing mushrooms it is pretty bad, lots of dust, bacteria. If I got a filter I could always think about converting the room into a growing area. I cant really afford one of those right now, someday hopefully
Reply Quote

Re: Flow hood info 5 years, 11 months ago #707

• cultured1
  • Expert Boarder
I mentioned this somewhere before but what I do for now is run a tabletop hepa filter in my "office" for a few hours. While the filter is running all airflow to the room is blocked & door is closed. I wipe desktop down with IPA & get everything ready. When I work I shut off the fan & folow basic aseptic technique. So far so good with my cultures, but I'd still like a nice flowbox to work in front of.
Reply Quote
Reply Topic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.58 seconds