Members Login

Mushroom kits

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Starting up a small-scale Ganoderma Op.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Reply Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting up a small-scale Ganoderma Op.

Starting up a small-scale Ganoderma Op. 4 years, 11 months ago #1013

• Kadakuda
  • Junior Boarder
I am now living in Taiwan, south, and have for the last few months started reading about and planning out a way to start getting into the mushroom business. Due to lack of space and money i have decided to go with Lingzhi, Ganoderma lucidum.

I am planning a visit to this farm in the near future to talk with them and try and get some ideas.
www.shuanghor.com/Display.php?ID=farm

I am limited in space, only having about 15'x15' to work with at present, more if it proves successful and my other lets me.

Based on many pictures and articles i have read i have chosen to try 2 methods. Both will be outdoors.

1st. a Vertical oriented shelf having bags facing out the front. The tops of the bags will be out front in other words. This is where they will fruit. There is a bit of a lip on the front to mount a misting system.

The bags i am a little undecided with their contents. I was thinking either logs and spawn, or try woodchip and sawdust/bran. maybe both...input?

the bags i have chosen are from sporeworks, they measure 18" high (will close at 16"), 8"wide, 5"deep. with those sizes on the vertical i can have quite a few going with very little space. also i may make these shelves double sided if this method works out.

the 2nd is a horizontal table type setup taken from the soil growers. I have seen lots of grow houses that plant their logs in the soil in the ground. this is like that however i will use plastic containers for each log and place them on the tables to take advantage of vertical space. Underneath each box is where the mist heads will be placed. Lighting may also be added if needed, but because its outside i doubt that will be needed.

[/img]

For both designs there will a small shed type thing surrounging them. at first it will be pretty primitive, but its mainly to keep light out of the spawning stage and to keep direct sun off due to heat.

Im fishing for ideas and comments. any help, comments, input, critism would be GREATLY appreciated!

thanks!

kyle
Reply Quote

Re: Starting up a small-scale Ganoderma Op. 4 years, 11 months ago #1014

• Psynaut
Well, you sure get around. What are you doing in Taiwan? ... other then growing mushrooms.

I really can't give you any tips on Ganoderma lucidum, other then to grab a copy of "Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms", as I've never worked with them.
I just looked through my copy, and theres a good section on them in there.

I can scan you over the section, if you can't get access to a copy.
Reply Quote

Re: Starting up a small-scale Ganoderma Op. 4 years, 11 months ago #1015

• Kadakuda
  • Junior Boarder
moved here with my girl, thinking i'll probably stay here for a few years. love it here so far, 20-30 degree winters arent so bad

apperently pine mushrooms grow here...... :?:

if you could and dont mind i would realy appreciate that! is that the stamets one? i have looked for that here (and many other books on animals and hiking) and cannot find anything other than teaching books in english.

anyway if you dont mind i would really appreciate that!!!!

thanks,
kyle
Reply Quote

Re: Starting up a small-scale Ganoderma Op. 4 years, 11 months ago #1018

• Psynaut
Hey....sent them to your email
Reply Quote

Re: Starting up a small-scale Ganoderma Op. 4 years, 11 months ago #1019

• Psynaut
looks like your yahoo account in no longer active...where do you want these sent ?
Reply Quote
Reply Topic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds