· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:33) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 239

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:33) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 240

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:33) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 495

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:33) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 497

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:33) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 498
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

identification help - chicken of the woods??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejunk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: identification help - chicken of the woods?? Reply with quote

Folks -

I was canoeing and fishing on a lake here in West Virginia yesterday and I wandered off into the woods to try and find some chicken of the woods for dinner. I came across a patch of the mushrooms pictured below, and I THINK they are chicken of the woods but they are sort of "non-typical," so I wanted to get some opinions on them. They were growing out of the ground and have stalks, unlike typical shelf style chicken of the woods. I've heard that there are COTW that grow like this on woody debris under the leaves... Anyway, I found them in an oak stand with lots and lots of dense organic material on the ground. I am in West Virginia, USA. This is what they look like:

yrs-
Evan!
ejunk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind. I identified it with the help of folks from a more active discussion forum. check out shroomery.org. it's a smooth chantarelle, if anybody is interested.

yrs-
Evan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Hunting All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: