· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 250
FungusFun.com – Interactive Mushroom Community: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full of lobsters!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whistle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, C-1 you can do that, it is really easy, use chili powder ande Cayenne.
The world is your oyster, as it were.
Kadakuda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL whistle.

you a chef or what? some good recipes. next time i see some lobsters kicking around i'll grab a couple and try them out. with the milk, are you saying soak while wet? or rehydrate in the milk? sorry didnt quite get that part.

i like to grow my plants, go hiking for my mushrooms. Funny thing is i dont much care for eating my plants or mushrooms but i love looking at and finding mushrooms. best part in my books. eating and selling are just added bonuses

ya for sure psynaut. LOL, pretty much any hunter around those parts are drunk hill billies in their dodge pickup or atv...either way your right, your safe off the road

speaking of which right once the pine season was ending i found a SHYTE load of them (rotting). there is a damn good spot jsut after that hill....where teh road splits take teh right (which is that higher road, which is also teh rougher one). im sure you know the place. its teh hills on the up wher ei looked and it seems thats where mos tof teh people go....anyway i found a good 100+ rotting away in about 4 hours.
shroomgal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whistle wrote:
I have often wondered, you have the White Truffle in Oregon yes? Are any animals trained to find them?, dogs, for instance.

Has anyone out there tried training dogs to find Pines? I am not a dog person, and live in the city so I cannot even keep one. but it would seem to me that a Lab, or one of those weary looking dogs that they raise in the Southern states who track so well (any puppies funguy?) would be aces for a professional pine picker. Sometimes even I can smell an upcoming pine patch, it would be a cinch for a dog. What do you think?

Whistle

I saw a slide show hosted by a pro pine picker and he shared a video of a lady's dog actually sniffing out the pines. The dog had not been trained per se, but possibly having been on enough forays associated the hunt with the quarry. Oddly enough, this lady was legally blind and she COULD smell the pines. And I have hiked with a forager who also had a highly sensitized olifactory sense. If you have been doing it long enough, your sense does become fine-tuned, the same as someone listening for tonal nuances or a photographer discerning hue variations.

I saw a segment of 60 Minutes a few weeks back where a research group in England had taught dogs to sniff out individuals with cancer. It was amazing! Here's the link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/06/60minutes/main665263.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

If scientists have published books on the myco symbiotic relationships with flora, then there is certainly room for faunal interconnectedness as well.
Stregoika

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Here in Mexico are know 2 species of the lobster mushrooms: Hypomyces lactifluorum and H. macrosporus. The first one is red coloured and the last one is brown. Both are edible and prepared in different ways. People at the villages prefere to smash them until they become almost powder. They use this "powder" to give more taste to food. Other people prefer to fry them and add it lemon, hehe.
The common name here is "Enchilado", which means "the one with chilli".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Hunting All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: