· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 250
FungusFun.com – Interactive Mushroom Community: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oyster mushrooms growing in Amsterdam front garden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Pictures and Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  

why do we have polls
to amuse the web masters
 100%  [ 1 ]
to amuse the software writers
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

wumpsdad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: oyster mushrooms growing in Amsterdam front garden Reply with quote

Heres ...

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/mushrooms/lst?.dir=/Amsterdam+Oysters&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

-you need to join yahoo groups, mushroms to view them, coz i don't know how to post pics here.

... 2 pics of a beech log sporting Oyster mushrooms growing in a friends front yard here. I am trying to cultivate them and would appreciate any advice anyone could give.
here is the info that will also be posted in the culivation forum.

xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Folx,

I found Oysters growing beautifully in a friends garden on a
beech log. see my photos. They are quite tasty with a firm
texture.

We used a hollow steel pole sterilized with flaming alcohol to
extract some wood cores. These I have been mixing with fresh
coffee grounds but nothing exciting yet.
One bag of grounds had its wood core pressed up against the
plastic and white growth is visible, but not off into the grounds.
Upon inspection of the remaining refrigerated cores, some
showed visible mycelial growth and I have attempted to start
another coffee culture.

Has anybody else experience with this technique? If so I would
like to hear about it here.

Much thanks in advance,

ciao

Wumpsdad
Funguy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wump,
NIce pics , I think . I am not a member of yahoo and don't have name and password . Could you post yours? Just a thought .

Peace ,good luck with the oysters
cultured1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some sort of error message when I tried to check out your pics.
The best way to start a culture is on an agar plate. Take a small piece of tissue from the inside (no exposure to contaminants) of one of the fruitbodies & put it on your agar. Once the mycellium has spread enough to cut out a chunk of colonized agar, do that & transfer the colonized agar to a new plate. This way you will isolate a pure culture to work with. You can also try adding small pieces of shroom tissue to your coffee grounds to innoculate, but if there are contaminants it will be difficult to get a clean culture.
There have been some good posts on this topic if you browse the cultivation forum.
Cheers
C1
wumpsdad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to post pix here? If so please tell me how.
at yahoo, the pix are in 2 groups, "mushrooms" and "dutch fungi".

I think you have to create a yahoo mail account and then join one of these groups to view the pix. a mild chore but only takes a coupla minutes and then you have access to "mushrooms" as well.

I have recently come across a microwave agar recipe which is great coz our pressure cooker doesn't have a pressure gauge. I need to find more microwave cultivation tips, and i can dive into this fascinating world

Wumpsdad
cultured1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to ask Psynaut for permission & he'll give you access to post in the gallery here.
Good luck with the microwave agar recipes.
C1
Psynaut
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya..you either going to have to host your pics in our gallery, or on a site that doesn't require a user login....them you can post them in the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Pictures and Art All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: