· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eber WHO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Cultivation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funguy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Eber WHO? Reply with quote

I have decided to start trying to make money at growing mushrooms (Gourmets) LOL .I have been cultivating for twenty plus years .My interest started during the seventies , when I took my first trip to South Carolina to kick cow pies for sillys.Every since I have had an unquenchable desire to grow.The sillys are no longer my focus .I have had success with oysters,shitake,mitake,and numerous ones I shouldn't mention .I have had success with out door morel cultivation . I learned along time ago how limited a grower is with a pressure cooker .So my dream has been to own an autoclave.Recently my health took a bad turn and I became disabled. (limited) LOL .Ok , now to make a long story longer . I have income and nothing to do . I decided it is time to get with my dreams.

Here is my inventory:
Autoclave (castle 20X20X36)
Eberbach (X 2)
Waring bases (X 2)
Glass petri dishes (X 110)
Screw capped vials (X 144)
Agar knife (X 2)
Mason Jars (QT X 200)
(Gal X 16)
Humidifier (Industial )
Books
(TMC)
(GGMM)
(Audubon Field guide)
(Mushrooms Demystified)

My next step with this project is a building to house my autoclave (lab) Plus my grow rooms .
I am open for suggestions so don't be shy. Your suggestions\concerns would help .Positive or negative all feed back is welcome.Also you are welcome to send money to help. I will pay postage.lol
I have requested picture posting ability .If anyone would like to see any part of my inventory.I also have resources if you are planning on buying any of the above mentioned items.I no how to find a deal. I paid $55 for the 2 eberbachs and the 2 waring blender bases . Let me know if I can help
Funguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my new additions to my inventory .They will be residing in storage til I find a place to set up.

This is my autoclave:

These are the 2 eberbachs one is missing its lid both bases are in working order .Used and old .But affordable.

Next thing on the list is a place to put this mess to work .It is hard to find a building around here that is affordable.I have been looking at old milking parlors. Only one real prospect ,with whom I would like to speak to today.
Funguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the last of the eberbach investments .These are 2 250 ML autoclavable eberbachs , I bought off ebay for $51.00. They sell at fungi perfecti for $250. each .

I think these will go well in my storage unit .LOL I still have no place for my stuff.
Funguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is CPR on this thread.

Mr. Green
c

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice stuff, I have no clue what most of it is though..
Good luck either way/.
Funguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C ,
This equipment is for sterile work in mushroom production.
The top is an autoclave ,used for sterilizing medium Like, woodchips ,sawdust,bran for growing on blocks. You can sterilize any thing in it .It is a pressure cooker with a 24x24x30 chamber.The others are eberbach mixers used for liquid teks .I hope to be using it for liquid culture/liquid innoculation.
peterthinks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some serious equipment!
I'd find the most expensive resturants in town and talk to the head chef,find out what he/she wants and ask him/her when they want it.
bring some king oysters and monkey head in to show them what you can do and wait for them to call.
end the conversation with "I have six other resturants to visit today,so I hope to hear from you soon since I can't sell you what I have promised to another resturant"
good luck with your growing.
Funguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to put the cart before the horse but,I have thought about how to accumulate customers.I thought giving chefs 5lbs of shitake ,and oyster s with a card to get in touch with me.This way the product would talk for itself . We all know people can and will say anything .Well with all this said I still have nowhere to set up and all this equipment is in storage.
Funguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going tomarrow to look at a house, it is very promising prospect . The verbal description was as follows :

Small farm house vacant for 13 years (due to the guy who owns it has been shacked up with a woman and never moved in)

It sits on 10+ acres

There is a very large cement block milking parlor with electricity ( He told me he thought the wire was still up) .Pretty scarey.

#1 the price is well with in my scope of funding.

The guy asked me if I was planning to live in the barn , it caught me off guard and when I questioned it he said you haven't asked any questions about the house.LoL .

Anyway tomarrow will tell .
shroomgal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funguy wrote:
The guy asked me if I was planning to live in the barn , it caught me off guard and when I questioned it he said you haven't asked any questions about the house.LoL .

I think it makes sense to be up front about what you are planning on doing: establishing a legitimate business for a specialized product.

With the proliferation of meth labs across the country these days, sellers don't want to add to the problem.
Funguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another wild goose chase .I liked the barn ,although it needed work .But too far to travel .House was not livable . there was No water on the land .Ouch ouch ouch.Maybe I will have to take on a partner or offer % of income if there is any .Damn , it is tough being poor. LOL

Peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Cultivation All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: