· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 250
FungusFun.com – Interactive Mushroom Community: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anybody else out there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, feel free to say anything .I am sorry ,I woke up a bit thin skinned .I just started the day badly .But it did get better.

Peace
whistle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funguy;

We share a love, different sides of the same continent, but we share a love. You are forty-five and hairy, and I am fifty-five and used to be. But there is nothing that I like better than going into any forest to see what I can find. And I know, having read all of your posts, that you are the same..

I honestly was not offended by the innocuous trailer, but in my context it seemed wrong. I will never speak of it again. Go straight to having fun. as much fun as I like to have on this great site.

Do you get Pine mushrooms in the Blue Ridge? Have you ever tried to train one of those superior tracking dogs that you breed in those parts to find mushrooms?

Whistle[img][/img]
Funguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're good .
The only animals that I have heard of ,that are for finding mushrooms (truffles), are Pigs .Pigs root and supposedly they are excellent at finding those fungi.
Not 100% sure what a pine Mushroom is .I am not real good with field identification.I do collect spores and sometimes tissue from wild specimens.My experience is mainly in cultivation stock cultures.I like the whole lab thing.I spend time in the woods ,but short of morels , chanterelle,grifola frondosa,Oysters and sulfer shelf . I am lost .I research some of my other finds ,I am just not 100% with the call.Hopefully the good folks at this board will get me thru the rough spots next season.
whistle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funguy

Having had years of the bottle in front of me I have no need of a frontal lobotomy. LOL.

I think that it is in Italy that they use dogs to hunt the truffles, not precisely sure.

Pine mushrooms are very aromatic and hide under the moss. We ship them off to Japan. The first year that I found any I found three dinky little things pushing up the duff, just humps. I stopped at a buyer site to make sure and he offered me fifty bucks. I am a chef, and had heard about these things but had never tried them. I turned him down. Took them home and discovered a whole new spice.

Last Fall was an incredible season for picking them for personal use and giving away. But since there is only one market that sets the price the professional pickers were losing money on gas just to drive to the sites.

There is site called matsiman.com that will show you the pine hunters dreams come true. You can thnk psynaut for that site,he turned me on to it.

Happy New Year , and may all of your forays be successful in 05

Whistle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: