· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 250
FungusFun.com – Interactive Mushroom Community: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

going on a trip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
c

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: going on a trip Reply with quote

I'll be gone for a while, should actually get the chance to go out for some hunting, as I will be over on the west coast. I will be in oregon first, eventually heading south and into california all the way into arizona. I would expect to be able to find some stuff in california. After that I'm going to be heading all the way back to the east coast via car ride. It will take a long time. Anyways been packing for a while, and I got to wake up real early so talk to you all later, wish me luck.
mark_h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on your exploration.. no doubt you'll find some nice things and take some excellent pic.

Bon Voyage!

Mark
trickythom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck C. Have a great time, road trips are so much fun.
Take some pictures. They are worth a few hundred words I guess.
c

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
I am at my grandparents house for today and I'll be flying from washington, DC to seattle, washington.
After that I'm gonna be driving down through the whole west coast, staying in the SF bay area and then southern california for a few days.
I will be sure to get some pics.
Funguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have a gr8t trip .And most of all a safe one .

PEACE
cultured1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy, & drive safe.
shroomgal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay abreast of the weather as California is really getting pummeled with rain with more on the way. Looks like El Nino is back.
c

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it back in one piece.
We did see some serious rain, even some snow. I like rainy days though so that doesnt bother me. What sucks is getting stuck on the freeway in ice and snow.. route 5 was closed due to rough conditions and accidents. It was the only way to get out of there and off of that mountain. Ended up having to cross the median and go back a few exits to stay the night. Being up so high, I could see down below into the valley which had no snow at all.. we just got stuck cause of the elevation. Chains were required for the tires in order to move on the next day.
After making it out of there we spent a night in san francisco and i got to go inside alcatraz. From there it was on to the desert and it was rainy there too believe it or not. After that we made our way acoss texas and back to the northeast. I was a little frustrated that I didnt get much of a chance to look for mushrooms but i did find a few here and there. As soon as a stepped out of the airport, I found a orange peel fungus growing from a mulch garden. I also saw some strange mushrooms in california that I could not identify. Since we were moving constantly and my traveling partners did not want to stop.. I was unable to get any pics or spend time looking for mushrooms. I did get to see some beautiful scenery on the trip. It inspires me to visit again some day on my own time. The PNW is an amazing place.. so pretty that it almost made me cry.
Funguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C, glad you had a safe trip . Wow , that was a lot of traveling in a short time. Alcatraz, Pretty awsome trip .The continental loop.No pics?
cultured1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it back in one piece, the Pacific coast is definately worth the trip. San Francisco is a great town, especially the North Beach district. Lots of cool clubs in SOMA too. To bad things had to move too quickly for you.
C1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: