· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 250
FungusFun.com – Interactive Mushroom Community: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is anybody else out there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
c

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome aboard trickythom.
Things seem to be moving along well now, I have been seeing new posts here every day just about for a while.
trickythom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you C. Can't wait to start shareing my experiences with y'all.
Here are some picks of my temp set up.
I was pouring agar and knocking up some rye with oyster culture.

http://trickythom.com/v-web/gallery/fungus
Funguy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ,big hepa what size 36x 48 what size fan are you using ?What part Vermont are you from .I have relatives in Waterbury/Burlington area.Again Welcome.
cultured1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty flow box, must be nice to work in a contaminant free airstream. Right now I run a HEPA air cleaner in my workspace for a few hours & hope for the best. One of thes days I'll splurge.
trickythom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the Rutland area VT. I wish I lived closer to Burlington, that is where there are 2 mycology clubs.

Yes the clean air is a beautifull thing.

The hepa is actually a unit, I think it is able to be in place of a celing tile. I bought it used, only a couple of hours on it though. It is like 4X2 feet!
It is made by a company called "clean-ceil".

That is high teck, and the 25q autoclave, but my elderbrach is stll low tech.

Funguy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
It looks like it will do the job.Posting the your design would be cool.
peace
trickythom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: poor boy blender Reply with quote

No design really. It just seems that allmost any blender blade will fit a regular or a wide mouth ball jar. I found that out many years ago.

I would usually use a smaller jar (pint) so that it is easier to get the mycillium smoothie out. But I only had a quart jar handy.

And allmost all blenders are dishwasher safe, and it seems that allways makes them autoclave safe.

If the blender screw bottom doesn't fit the jar, just screw the blade and washer down with the ring lid for the canning jar. Although this makes it a little unstable when blending. You have to hold it down, and it is a little scarry.

Oh yea, make sure that the blades don't scrape the glass or anything.

If you have to go out and buy a blender, make sure that it fits a jar before you throw away the recipt. And I prefer the ones with a metal drive. I really hate those toothy plastic drives. The toothy drives make it allmost if not entirely neccesery to use the screw bottem forom the blender.
I have been thinking about seeing if I can find cheap replacement blades for my blender. Or at least ones with the same drive gear.Then I could mix a few diffrent types of mushrooms the same night. I find little time to play, and it would be nice to maximize the use of my time.

That's it!
Funguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you . I never knew the blender bottoms fit the mason jars . I think any short cuts ,any low cost teks ,and experiences are worth posting.
thanks again ,
Peace
trickythom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CAUTION: using glass canning jars can be dangerous, do not operate blender while holding the jar. Severe injury can result if the jar breaks. Plastic Oster brand plastic Mini Blending jars are recommended.

Once again I say be carefull.
Came across this on the web.
http://seagrant.oregonstate.edu/sgpubs/onlinepubs/i00003.pdf
They are useing my tecnique for blending fish or something.
They give the part #'s for blades that fit mason jars. And I found the blades on the web for $6.95. Now, if they fit my blender I will be all set.
whistle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry funGuy
There is no man like a responsible man; but, for the majority of DICKS out there in the Real World population, most of whom could not explain the technical requirments of responsibility in any language,or spiritual context, Government is, most unfortunately, a required factor in their lives.

I have always loved Henry David T., but I have also realized the fact is that even almost a hundred years later there is neither the courage nor the committment to democratic ideals anywhere in the world that comes within scent range of Thoreau's vision.

What I am saying funguy is that your little after "there is no government like no government" is cute and cool---but what happens when there is no government there to protect weirdos like those of us (who love the environment like it is, thank you very much) from that mass of people who make their living ripping it up.? It is hard enough now you know. All I ask is that you think about that

Whistle
whistle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry funGuy
There is no man like a responsible man; but, for the majority of DICKS out there in the Real World population, most of whom could not explain the technical requirments of responsibility in any language,or spiritual context, Government is, most unfortunately, a required factor in their lives.

I have always loved Henry David T., but I have also realized the fact is that even almost a hundred years later there is neither the courage nor the committment to democratic ideals anywhere in the world that comes within scent range of Thoreau's vision.

What I am saying funguy is that your little after "there is no government like no government" is cute and cool---but what happens when there is no government there to protect weirdos like those of us (who love the environment like it is, thank you very much) from that mass of people who make their living ripping it up.? It is hard enough now you know. All I ask is that you think about that

Whistle
Funguy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ,
I never thought I would be defending my trailer. It was not meant to offend anyone .It was not even ment to come up for discussion .It was a play on words .I got it off a bumper sticker .I have used a few different trailors since coming here , one of which Mark uses now.I swiped that one also. The one that says "a man is no older than the woman he feels " is a groucho marx quote .Lets discuss that one .I like talking about woman much more than government .But ,I want neither of them in my pocket.
And as far as the government goes , I pay for that entertainment . As far as the trailer goes ,it is just a trailer . I came to this board for mushroom info exchange . Please try to move forward . I have posted over 50 times and you never commented or posted about any content just my trailer.Wow . BTW not ment to be cool or cute .I am a hairy 45 year old man ,thru with being cute .
If you have a problem with others , you have a problem.
Peace ,
May the farce be with you.
trickythom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"a man is no older than the woman he feels " is a groucho marx quote

I love that line. Use it all the time.
I too love women more than the government.

Here is anotherone of my favorites
Quote:
Strive to be the sort of person one rarely encounters in the world.
That may not be it exactly. But it is close. Musho? that is the guy that said it. He is some sort of famous samuri/sword guy.

Thom
Funguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, I flamed.

Thom ,
I like that one , it kind of sounds like "Be yourself",with a lot more wisdom.

Ok ,I decided to change my trailer.With all intent of being politically correct .I need you all to do me a favor and tell me ,does this one make my butt look big?
whistle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, hold on Bro. That was not meant as criticism. I like the thought. I admire the thought, I love the thought, but I see more and more of the woods that I hunt whacked down. That is allowed and restricted by government. I have a love/hate relationship with the dinks, but it is the only game in town.

Sorry I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. How about, "That Government is best which governs the least" Henry David Thoreau

I thought that the Lounge was for all sorts of dialogue. My mistake?

Whistle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: