· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 250
FungusFun.com – Interactive Mushroom Community: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A small introduction..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morren

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: A small introduction.. Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hello. I recently fell into the world of fungus, etc; I've always loved eating the things and thought I could use some more knowledge about what I was eating. No, not illegally. Went looking last night and found a couple look-alikes to the meadow mushroom; or they *are*, I'm not testing em. I'm going to check out the local library, college, etc, see if there are groups/clubs.

Thanks for the nice looking website guys!
mark_h

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the madhouse Seriously weclome to the world of Fungi, read read then read some more!! Hope you have some good finds.

Mark
Morren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
c

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Good luck with your mushroom hobby!

I reccomend getting some field guides or joining a mycology society.
peterthinks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some easy to identify mushrooms,
The shaggy mane is a good bet.And it tastes really good!
you can be sure of them if you find a cluster of old and young ones growing close together,the older ones will be tall and turning to liquid(black)the young ones will be egg shaped and just pushing out of the earth.They don't keep so if you see some stop to collect them,they will be gone in two days.once picked they rapidly turn to liquid so don't try to keep them for the next day.
Morels are nice too but if it looks more like a brain than a pointy hat leave it alone!
Both will be out in the spring,the morels come out just as the poplars and aspen leaves start to come out.look in burned areas for morels.
Boletes are easy to hunt too but there are some types that will make you feel ill or just taste plain awfull! (most have red pores)Even the so called edible ones give some(very few) people stomach upset.Personally I like them a lot,they are mild in taste and none of them can kill you.
I am very wary of meadow mushrooms.lots of look alikes there and no room for error.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: