· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Google ads

Mushroom Books

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 249

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/sessions.php on line 250
FungusFun.com – Interactive Mushroom Community: Forums

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/header.php:32) in /home/shroom12/public_html/mushrooms/includes/page_header.php on line 532
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One of my favourites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Pictures and Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark_h

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: One of my favourites Reply with quote

Hi all,
Here's another one of my attempts which was photographed this spring.
Gymnosporangium Claviforme known as 'tongues of fire'. It was growing on a Juniper- this pic is one of my favourites.

Enjoy, Mark[/url]
Funguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice.my pics always come out a bit blurry .But yours passes for art.
Funguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
c

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful pic, I have never seen one of those species till now either!
Psynaut
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya...great pic
mark_h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera I use is a Fujifilm Finepix A204 Digicam and its only a 2 mega pixel one!

When I take photos(especially of something interesting) I usually take 4 or 5 shots altering a certain parameter such as macro on or off, flash on or off etc.

Unless the light is quite good, I usually find I have to use flash, especially in macro mode. All piccies were taken hand held. I have to buy myself a tripod of some sort because I find that taking pics in macro mode without using flash usually ends up with the pics being slighty blurry/off-focus. I am sure that the tripod would prevent most of this.

With the flash however, it does somewhat enhance the colour of the pictures- something I have to put up with. In my opinion, the best pic

I've taken so far was of Clathrus Archeri, I did post a link here a while back to 2 piccies of that species, it was the second link. If anyone requests, I'll post it again.

Thanks for the comments about the pic- I will post more shortly.

Mark
shroomgal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pic with great color saturation. You do a great job in macro without a tripod!!
mark_h

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Embarassed

Mark
cultured1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately a great shot. I'm not too crazy with some of the macro results I've got with my digital (nikon coolpix 4500) & plan to lug my 35mm gear on future forays. Multiple shots is the rule, especially with digitals. I do have a couple good shots of Stemonitis axifera & Chlorocibora aeruginascens I'll post once I crop & resize.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    fungusfun.com Forum Index -> Mushroom Pictures and Art All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: